Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mission Support

I realize your time is valuable so I want to thank you in advance for reading this e-mail. You are getting this e-mail because you have been a past supporter of my ministry, you have worked with me, or I have helped you in some way. Or perhaps you have expressed some interest in Media Missionary School or Flannelgraph Ministries.

I’m a different kind of missionary—a missionary without borders reaching a new and emerging people group. This new tribe can be found practically anywhere. The way we must reach people is radically changing before our eyes. The future is visual communication and visual storytelling. The days of verbal communication and the written word are fading fast. This new tribe is the church of media and entertainment who, for the most part, have not been reached with the Gospel. They speak the language of media, the language of visual image, and the language of visual storytelling.

The simplest way I can state my mission is that I’m in the business of developing visual storytellers for global outreach. I have a short video that is on my home page at Media Missionary School that I believe will help explain my vision for the future. I hope you will take a look at it.

I need your help. I have written a book titled, The Red Pill, The Cure for Today’s Mass Media Culture available on Amazon.com. And I have started a blog and website where I am trying to raise up, equip, and train future media missionaries. I am also conducting summer camps for high school students who are interested in film, and I am teaching, training and equipping The Church on issues of media, faith and culture.

It’s a start, and there’s much more to do. Before the end of this year, my funding will run out. At this time, 2012 is up in the air. We have no major donors or supporters that we can count on at this time. I believe I have been called to do this work, and I’m not willing to give up without a fight. I’ve been fighting since the early days of Victory Videos and throughout my time with UndergroundZone Ministries. If the people I send this e-mail to respond at some level, I’m convinced the work can go on. I need a foundation of supporters.  I want to fight for you and your family. Everyday I am on the mission field working to make a difference for our future.

What can YOU do?

1.    First, pray for me and the ministry. I need wisdom, discernment, knowledge, favor, open doors, provision, blessings, anointing, and a hedge of protection around me and my family.  Let me be clear. I really need your prayers.

2.    As a missionary, I must raise my own support. I have no organization behind me. That’s why I need you. I prefer monthly supporters more than just a one-time gift. Why? Because I must count on the Lord to receive that monthly gift. It keeps me in a place where I realize that God is my provider. It also requires you to be in a place where God gives you the money to bless me. I’m not asking you to make a decision today. Please pray about this. This isn’t a question of whether you can afford to help or not or a question of whether or not you think it’s a good thing to do. The question is what is God telling you to do because if He is calling you to help me, he’s going to provide you with the resources. In this way, you are blessed so I can be blessed. The support will start January 1, 2012. That gives you time to seek God’s direction. Of course, if you want to give now, we have current needs.

       This may be the most honest fundraising letter you will ever get. I do not want to  put pressure on you to give. Give only if God directs you to give. I’ll take my chances and trust God. I want to make this as easy as possible. You can give through Pay Pal at mediamissionaryschol.com or send a monthly check. This  doesn’t have to be a big amount—$20 or $25 a month can make a significant difference. Of course, if you prefer it to be a one-time gift, the decision is between you and God. And, as I said, if you want to start earlier in your monthly support, we can certainly use the money.

3.    You can give my name to the missions board at your church. I want to get churches involved in this ministry. You have influence that I probably do not have at your local church. You can help me by using it. Get me in the front door, and we will see what God does.

4.    I would love to come to your church or group and speak on the issues and topics I cover on my website. I have a complete list of seminars and workshops from 30 minutes to all day. I am more than willing to speak to your small groups, Bible study, Men’s group, congregation, or Sunday School class. This would give me an opportunity to sell my book which would provide another source of income. It also helps to get my message out. Can you help me open some doors?

5.    Help me to promote my book. I feel I have a book that is saying something important to the Body of Christ. But, frankly, I don’t have the money to properly promote and market my book. Is there something you can do? What about your social media contacts? Which groups are you connected to? How about your friends?  Can you pass the word on to promote my book, website and ministry?  Does your church have a bookstore? If everyone does something, even if it’s a small part, it will add up fast.

Conclusion

If you want to know more about the mission, you can find everything you want to know about this ministry at mediamissonaryschool.com. It’s all there. At the top of the page, you will find a tab titled “Mission”. It lays out the plan completely.

If you feel God wants you involved, please let me know by July 30, 2011.  You can respond by e-mail, Facebook, mail, or phone call (859-918-6220), but I need to know in order to plan for the future. If you feel that God does not have a part for you to play at this time, please let me know that also.

Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to read this e-mail. Please pray for this ministry. Ask God if you have a part to play in supporting Flannelgraph Ministries/Media Missionary School.  That’s all I’m asking you to do.


NOTE:  You can also write a check. Flannelgraph Ministries/Media Missionary School is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. 

Make your check payable to Flannelgraph Ministries.

Mail to the following address:

Mr. Harold Hay
Flannelgraph Ministries
7364 Cumberland Circle
Florence, KY  40142.


Yours in Christ,


Harold Hay, Founder and President
Flannelgraph Ministries / Media Missionary School

No comments:

Post a Comment