Monday, March 28, 2011

Media class was a success.

I just finished teaching my first media class at New Life Temple College. What an awesome class. Thank you so much for the opportunity to come and be part of your school. The people at New Life Temple were so gracious and kind. It is one of the best classes I have ever taught because the students were so involved and asked very thought-provoking questions.

We’ve been meeting for the past several weeks for three hours on Thursday nights. The class was called Media, Faith and Culture. We had several objectives. But what I wanted to give my students was a knowledge and understanding of how the media culture functions. I left them with five core principles that I believe can change our culture. The class was so much more than just a media class. It was an opportunity to see how God works in the world and how we can, as an individual, have an impact.

Here are just a few of the comments from the students about their experiences participating in the class.

It was good and eye opening.  Curtis V.

This class made me think about TV and movies in a different way. The biggest thing for me is I have to cast down things that I see and hear that are not like God.  Regina J.

Information was very helpful. It was an eye opener concerning my understanding of the media culture. It was a very good class. A lot of  information.  No Name

I like this class, because it has made me more aware of what the media culture is doing and how that media can be used for the Kingdom of God.  Linda B.

An eye opener to an existing lifestyle that we should all be aware of. A very good course. Please contact me when your second book goes on sale.    Michael B.

Great info!  Tim H.

Great class! This class gives us tools to not accept everything that we see and hear from TV and radio.  Keith R.


Great class!  Derrick B.

This class changed my view of media, Hollywood and the need to see it as a mission field. Embracing a missional lifestyle is something I plan to put into practice and teach.  James M.

Thank you. This class was very informative and needed to help us as Christians to engage the world media culture with the knowledge necessary to communicate the message of Christ. It made me see how I needed to change my perspective and become more knowledgeable so I can minister to others.  T. Sneed

From September 2010 until today, March 2011, I’ve taken a class, a different class each month. This class is the Second most interesting! It impacted my life and made me think because media is effecting/affecting us all  Quvadus K.

I enjoyed the class. It has made me look at media differently, i.e., TV shows, the news and networks on television in a different light. I personally have prayed for individuals in Hollywood but have not made that my mission. I will put more of an effort into it. I do understand that if we don’t take a stand that our children will not have a future. I thoroughly enjoyed the class.  Oris R.

I enjoyed this class. I can tell you really have passion for this media culture crisis we’re in. I am interested in more information.  Jerome D.

No comments:

Post a Comment